Since 1961, Woodstock Fine Arts Association has been a champion for the arts in McHenry County. WFAA offers local access to world-class speakers through the Creative Living Speaker Series, encourages interest in the arts at an early age through Children’s Programs, invests in the artistic talents of McHenry County youth through scholarships and is dedicated to keeping the Woodstock Opera House a beautiful and vital asset to our communities.
Woodstock Fine Arts Association is a not-for-profit 501(c)(3), all-volunteer organization.
Grants and Awards
- 2022 | Arts & Culture Fund for Woodstock and The Community Foundation for McHenry County awarded a $1,000 grant to support the Talent Showcase.
- 2021 | The Community Foundation for McHenry County awarded a $3,000 grant to fund, in part, the 2021-22 Creative Living Series.
- 2020 | The Community Foundation for McHenry County awarded a $9,210 grant for operating expenses.
- 2020 | Illinois Arts Council Agency awarded a $2,000 grant to partially fund Katherine Gray, the first speaker in the 2020-21 Creative Living Series.
- 2019 | The Community Foundation for McHenry County awarded a $5,000 grant to co-fund the opening speaker for the 56th season of WFAA's Creative Living Speaker Series.
- 2017 | The Woodstock Chamber of Commerce & Industry awarded WFAA its Not For Profit Excellence Award.
- 2015-2016 | National Endowment for the Arts Art Works awarded WFAA a $10,000 grant for the Creative Living Speaker Series.
- 2011 | The McHenry County Community Foundation supported the Children’s Program “From the Page to the Stage” performed by Novel Ideas with a partial grant.
2011 | Woodstock District 200 awarded WFAA special recognition for “From the Page to the Stage.”
To promote cultural activities for the enjoyment, education and participation of people and groups of all ages
To encourage and sponsor the use, maintenance and improvement of the Woodstock Opera House
To award monetary scholarships to graduating high school seniors who excel in the arts and reside in McHenry County.